Sunday, December 12, 2010

Marblehead Lighthouse (Massachusetts) with Christmas lights


Some people think that the cast-iron, 105-foot-tall lighthouse on Marblehead Neck on Boston's North Shore is, well, kind of plain. It certainly doesn't look plain in the holiday season, thanks to the efforts of the Rotary Club of Marblehead Harbor. They're responsible for the annual display of multicolored lights, and also for a display of red, white, and blue lights around the Fourth of July every year.

The photo below shows what the 1896 lighthouse looks like the rest of the year. Personally, I like it for its uniqueness -- it's the only lighthouse of its type in the New England states. There are some similar lighthouse towers in Florida and in the mid-Atlantic.

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information.
    outdoor lights

    ReplyDelete